“Your refrigerator is running,” they told me. This time, it actually was. It wasn’t running down the street, but the fridge was running goop all over my kitchen floor. It was a nightmare!
Moving out into my own place was supposed to be a freeing experience. After all, I was living with my family for years before venturing out on my own. I just hadn’t realized some of the difficulties that are involved when you’re living in your own place.
I decided to put together some of my pet peeves of living on your own, and here’s my list:
- Dishes – unlike living at my parents’ house, I actually have to do my own dishes– what a drag! My dishwasher doesn’t even work so I have to do them by hand.
- Laundry – nowadays, I have to do my own laundry. I have to wash my clothes, and even iron my clothes– are you kidding me?!
- Cooking – who really likes cooking, anyway? Now I have to cook my own meals before I eat them.
And that’s just a start! What happened to my refrigerator, you might ask? Well, I couldn’t just let it run all over the floor, could I? Because my landlord was never picking up the phone when I called him, I had to fix the issue myself! To make matters even worse, I’m not even that handy around the home!
Here’s what I did:
- I called the Frigidaire contact center hoping that they could help, though, I didn’t get anywhere with that route.
- I tried calling a variety of local appliance repair companies– and finally found the Panama City appliance repair company to do the job.
- I called my parents.
The repairmen came out and fixed the issue, and now I know in the future who to go with (if I ever experience my refrigerator running again).
I’m telling you, moving out on your own has it’s pros and cons. Though sometimes I wish I was still living with my family, I do enjoy the benefits of living on my own. The next challenge to focus on is — how to keep these dishes clean!